Canis Extra Tausendgrün Organic Herbs for BARF
Naturavetal’s choice blend of gently air-dried organic herbs for dogs provides vitamins and minerals in exactly the form employed for centuries by Nature. The vital elements in the organic blend of herbs for BARF enrich the menu and supplement a meat diet with balance, versatility and variety.
Naturavetal’s Organic Barf Herbs are gently air-dried to retain all their nutrients in the best way possible. These concentrated organic herbs are power packs for dogs, supplying the body with valuable vitamins, minerals and secondary phytochemicals. This makes them an ideal accompaniment, for example, to a spring or autumn regime, following intestinal cleansing or detoxification, for dogs preparing to shed their coats. Also for dogs that have experienced persistent deficiencies, or even simply as a nutritional boost to ensure both a species appropriate and well balanced diet.
Vitamins don’t simply buzz around in pure form on their own in herbs – they are surrounded by other substances called secondary phytochemicals used by plants. For example, growth regulators, to deter predators or microbial attack, or as colourants. Whether bitters, mucins, tannins, sulphides or essential oils – they are all eaten with the animal’s food and therefore supply much more than “only” a vitamin. Over the centuries Nature has perfected a system which is still unsurpassed today.
Unfortunately these days not everybody is able to grow herbs at home so that their dog can be provided with fresh herbs every day. Oregano, known particularly for its tannins and bitter compounds, chamomile flowers which supply flavonoids such as apigenin and coumarins, and basil, known for its high level of beta carotene – they all belong in the herb bed. Also undervalued plants often described as weeds, for example nettles, which have incredibly high levels of calcium, iron and vitamin C or dandelions, remarkable not only for the bitter compounds they contain, would warrant a bed of their own.
Naturavetal’s unique blend of air-dried organic herbs for dogs is especially valuable
for a balanced BARF diet:
- Oregano: known for its tannins and bitter compounds which promote vitality and contribute to a general feeling of well-being
- Chamomile blossoms: supply flavonoids (valuable secondary phytochemicals) such as apigenin and coumarins to protect against harmful environmental influences
- Basil: known for its high level of beta carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body and supports the immune system
- Nettle: contains a lot of calcium, iron and also vitamin C
- Dandelion: provides valuable bitter compounds for healthy digestion
- Aniseed: can have an antispasmodic and expectorant effect, can help defend against undesirable bacteria
- Dill: stabilises the stomach in digestive ailments such as flatulence, provides calcium and potassium
- Yarrow: can be beneficial in the event of inflammation and can stimulate the gall bladder
- Blackcurrant: contains lots of vitamin C, provides pectins for digestion, and is rich in valuable antioxidants
Canis Extra Tausendgrün
Organic herbs for raw meat eaters are used to supplement the actual amount of food for 4-6 weeks 2-3 times a year. This supplement can be added to all types of feeding methods. It makes no difference whether the dog is given Canis Plus Complete Meals, Canis Plus Meat Pots or Meat Rolls with a flake mix or raw meat with vegetables/fruit.
Should you have any questions on our food supplements or feeding recommendations, e.g. in situations with special requirements. Please do call us, our Naturavetal Team of Experts is here to help you with advice and support for every stage of life! Call us at 0208 – 531 7804 or send us an email